Where to begin?
I feel a bit like Steve Martin in "The Jerk," and want to begin with "I was born a poor black boy on the banks of the Mississippi..." not that any of that is true.... but it's a nice beginning.
I'm a New Yorker who ended up in Utah through an odd twist and turn of fate. Originally I came to translate for the Olympics, for the Russian Hockey Team. I stayed for school to be responsible, and ended up finishing school to still be responsible. By that point I was comfortable, and also realized what I really wanted to do with my life.
I'm an actor, and teach Youth Theater and Acting For Film classes as part of extracurricular programs. I performed in the comedy "Tony and Tina's Wedding" in New York, and in the touring cast. While doing that, however, I realized that what I truly missed was the kids I had been teaching. SO I returned to Utah, and the University of Utah, to get my teaching certification. I'm a Composite Social Science Major with a Special Ed endorsement, thus to make myself more marketable.
As for why I want to be a teacher..., well, that is a several page novel and the answers are ever-evolving. It is obviously not for the pay. It is not for the schedule. It's closer to an idealistic "calling" that people talk about, something to do with training and shaping tomorrow's leaders. Plus, it's nice to have summers off ;)
The First Amendment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What do YOU think?
My wife says Jared looks like Alfred Molina. Hmmm....
1 comment:
Josh - It's great to have you in class. I guess I'll have to borrow the novel about why you want to become a teacher sometime.
Post a Comment